Our Savior Lutheran School has a primary responsibility to educate the students of the Lutheran congregations. It also enrolls students who hold membership in other churches and the unchurched. Students entering Kindergarten and first grade, according to Our Savior School Board regulation must be five and six years old respectively by September 1 of that year for attendance in that grade.
- To enroll a child at OSLS, the parent(s) shall do the following:
- arrange an appointment with the principal to become acquainted with OSLS,
- obtain the application and Pledge of Support form,
- discuss bus, milk, and tuition fees where applicable
- present health forms and birth certificate for kindergarten students, present previous year’s report card for grades 1-8,
- finalize and arrange to pay all fees for the school year
- the parent(s) who are not affiliated with any church are encouraged to attend an adult instruction class at Our Savior Lutheran Church. This class deals with the teachings of the Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod, in order that the home may know the same Savior taught to the students in school.
Financial support of the school is provided by the weekly offerings, which are brought by the members of Our Savior Church. Tuition is charged for all students who are not members of Our Savior congregation. Some congregations may choose to provide full or partial tuition support for their member students. This enables these congregations to ease the financial responsibilities of interested parents while at the same time offering the advantages of a Lutheran day school to all of their parishioners.