- Acceptance into Our Savior Lutheran Preschool is determined by the following criteria:
- Children must be toilet trained and able to function without a nap during school hours.
- Children in the three-year-old program must turn three by Sept. 1 of the current school year.*
- Children in the morning four-year old program must turn four by Sept. 1 of the current school year.*
*Exceptions may be made on a child-by-child basis if readiness criteria are met. A three week probationary period will also be a determining factor.
Special Needs Enrollment
Children with special needs will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Evaluation may consist of a meeting between the parents, the faculty, and any therapists involved with the child.
If a child is accepted into the preschool program, there will be a six-week probationary period during which it will be decided if the program is proving mutually beneficial to the child as well as his/her classmates.
Our Savior Lutheran Preschool is licensed by the Division of Child Day Care
Licensing, Bureau of Regulatory Services, State of Michigan.
Our Savior Lutheran Preschool admits children of any race, color, sex, or
national or ethnic origin. Enrollment is restricted to children between the ages
of three and five years.
- To enroll a child at OSLS, the parent(s) shall do the following:
- arrange an appointment with the preschool director to become acquainted with OSLS,
- apply for online admissions through TADS
- the parent(s) who are not affiliated with any church are encouraged to attend an adult instruction class at Our Savior Lutheran Church. This class deals with the teachings of the Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod, in order that the home may know the same Savior taught to the students in school.